What do you leave behind when geocaching?
14 Trinkets You Can Put In A Geocache
- 3 3. Toy Soldiers.
- 4 4. Coins.
- 5 5. Jewelry.
- 6 6. Disposable Rain Ponchos.
- 7 7. Kid’s Meal Toys.
- 8 8. Keychains.
- 9 9. Trading Stones.
- 10 10. Small Compasses. Chances are that the place you are looking for the geocache is somewhere you and other searchers have never been before.
Do geocaches have trackers in them?
Trackables can be found in geocaches, your inventory, or through the trackable code search. Use the tracking code to access the trackable details page and then choose the appropriate log type.
What is a trackable in geocache?
A trackable is a moveable item within the game of geocaching which travels from geocache to geocache. Trackables appear in many shapes and sizes and are different from other SWAG items you may find within a geocache. Each trackable includes a six-digit code somewhere on the item.
Is stealing geocaches illegal?
Dangerous or illegal items, weapons, food and drugs are not allowed and are specifically against the rules of most geocache listing sites. If a geocache has been vandalized or stolen by a person who is not familiar with geocaching, it is said to have been “muggled”.
What do you do with a Geocoin?
A Geocoin is a special coin created by individuals or groups of geocachers as a kind of signature item or calling card. Like Travel Bug® Trackables, each Geocoin is assigned a unique tracking ID which allows them to travel from geocache to geocache or to be passed amongst friends, picking up stories along the way.
How do I drop a trackable in geocaching?
Below the text box, select an action for each trackable from your inventory:
- Drop, leave the trackable in a geocache.
- Visit, take a trackable to a cache but keep it with you when you leave.
What is Pocket Query geocaching?
A pocket query is a premium service offered by Geocaching.com, allowing you to create a custom search for geocaches in a specified area. 1. Once you have set up these searches, you will be emailed the geocaches for use in your GPS.
How do you get geocaching souvenirs?
Souvenirs are virtual pieces of art displayed on your public profile….Geographical locations, or events
- To earn a country souvenir, log any geocache in that country as “Found it.”
- To earn a Mega-Event souvenir, log that Mega-Event as “Attended.”
- To earn a GeoTours souvenir, complete the required caches for that GeoTour.
What does DNF mean in geocaching?
Did not find
You log a DNF on the geocache page. It’s “Did not find” and it means, “I care.” When you log a DNF, you’re telling geocachers that the geocache may be more difficult to find than anticipated or may even be missing.
Can you take items from a geocache?
While some caches host trackables or unique SWAG items, some geocaches aren’t so lucky. The etiquette around geocaching SWAG is simple. If you take something, leave something behind of equal or greater value.
How do you run a pocket query?
Mind your Ps and Qs: A How To Guide on Pocket Queries | The Geocaching Junkie
- Under the ‘Play’ menu, click on ‘Pocket Queries’.
- Click on ‘Create a new Query’. (I’ll look at ‘Find Caches Along a Route’ in another post).
- 3 A. Choose a name for your query.
- 3 B. Choose a day of the week to run the query.
- 3 C.
- 3 D.
- 4 A.
- 4 B.
How do I download a pocket query to my GPS?
- Plug your GPS into the USB on your computer.
- On the pocket queries page, click on “Pocket Queries ready for download”.
- Choose the PQ you want to run and save it somewhere.
- It should say “Magellan Explorist GC” somewhere. Open the saved PQ, then drag and drop its contents into this location.