How do I search for an old text on my iPhone?
Find the Search bar on the main screen with all the conversation threads. You may need to drag down from the middle of the screen to make it appear. Type the words you remember in the search bar, or use your voice with a tap on the mic. The relevant conversations appear chronologically, with the newest messages on top.
Can you search for words in iMessage?
You can search for text messages you’ve sent on your iPhone, meaning that you never have to scroll for hours through your conversations to find a specific message. By using iOS’s Spotlight and Search features, you can easily search through all your iPhone’s messages with a few taps and some typing.
How can I view old text messages on my iPhone without scrolling?
How to Read Old Texts on iPhone Without Scrolling
- Open the Messages app.
- Tap inside the search bar.
- Type the phrase.
- Select the conversation.
How do you Ctrl F on iPhone?
How to Control F on an iPhone using Safari browser:
- Open the website you want to scan in the browser.
- Click the icon that has a box with an arrow icon on the bottom.
- Select ‘Find a Page’
- Click the up-and-down arrows to view each occurrence of the search.
- Use the arrow controls to navigate to each place that appears.
Can you search a word in iPhone Messages?
Open the Messages app. Pull down on the screen to reveal the search bar. Type the name of the person, topic, or keyword that you are looking for. You’ll see the relevant thread(s).
Is there a way to go back to a certain date in iMessage?
Is there a way to go back to a specific date of messages and then read from that date on? No. You might also want to consider an application such as PhoneView (Mac) or TouchCopy (Mac or Windows). They allow you to archive your messages to either a PDF or text file, both of which are easily searchable.
Can you search text messages by date?
All replies. Spotlight will list the messages it found in that date range, and when you select one of them and press ⌘R. it will open the Messages app to that message. You can hover your mouse pointer over a given message, and the date of the message will float above it.
How do I search Imessage history?
To find old iMessages:
- Open Messages.
- Drag your finger downwards across the middle of your screen to reveal a search bar.
- Tap the Search Bar and type in keywords from the message, or the name of someone in the conversation.
- Tap Search.
- Select the message you were looking for to go to the conversation.
How do you search a page on iPhone?
You can find a specific word or phrase on a page….Search the page
- Tap. , then tap Find on Page.
- Enter the word or phrase in the search field.
- Tap. to jump to other mentions.
How do you control F in iMessage?
- Open Messages on Mac.
- Type term into search bar (also accessible using CMD + F )
- Click on the desired conversation you want to search in.
- You’ll see the first message (chronologically) that contained the word displayed in a faded color.
How do I search my iPhone messages by date 2021?
You could directly open your Message app on iPhone and then search target messages by date.
- Tap Message app.
- While viewing the Messages list, swipe down with your finger to expose the search box.
- Enter the search string/keywords/phone number in the search box and the results list will automatically update as you type.
Can you search within a text message?
Tap the Messages app on your home screen. Once you are in the main messages app (not in a conversation), simply swiping your finger down will expose a search box at the top of the screen. Enter the keyword(s) that you are looking for in the box and then messages that contain that word or phrase will be shown.
Can you Control F on an iPhone?
Like your computer or laptop, there is no such feature as Control F on the iPhone. Your PC will allow you to use the command but the smartphone offers no search tab to filter out results.
Where is the smart search bar on iPhone?
Swipe down from the middle of the Home screen. Tap the Search field, then enter what you’re looking for. As you type, Search updates results in real time.
Can you use Control F on iPhone?
Can iPhone Use Control F? You cannot use Control F on an iPhone, but you can use several search tactics to find what you’re looking for, whether it’s on the web, in a PDF, or stored in other places on your phone. One way to do this is using the Safari browser.
How do you go to the beginning of an iMessage conversation?
Get to the top of any Conversation
- Tap anywhere in the marked area to scroll to the top of the conversation quickly.
- Tap anywhere in the marked areas on your iPhone notch to scroll up.
- Wait for the progress indicator to go away before scrolling to top again.
- Tap on the Search Bar to start a search in Messages.
Can you search for a word in a document on iPhone?
On your iPhone or iPad, open a document in the Google Docs app. Find and replace. Type the word you want to find. Tap Search.
How do I enable Spotlight search on my iPhone?
To customize this, open the Settings app, tap General, and tap “Spotlight Search.” Toggle “Siri Suggestions” on or off, and select which apps you want to see search results for under “Search Results.”
How do you use Control F?
“Control+F” (or “Command+F” on a Mac) is the keyboard shortcut for the Find command. If you’re in a document or in a web browser, pressing the Ctrl key + the F key will bring up a search box in the top right corner of the screen.