How do I package a Python project?
- Lay out your project. The smallest python project is two files.
- Describe your project. The setup.py file is at the heart of a Python project.
- Create your first release.
- Register your package with the Python Package Index (PyPI)
- Upload your release, then grab your towel and save the Universe!
Where does pkg-config look for files?
pkg-config retrieves information about packages from special metadata files. These files are named after the package, and has a . pc extension. On most systems, pkg-config looks in /usr/lib/pkgconfig , /usr/share/pkgconfig , /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig and /usr/local/share/pkgconfig for these files.
What is Bdist_wheel in Python?
python setup.py bdist_wheel -d TARGET. This command must create a wheel compatible with the invoking Python interpreter, and save that wheel in the directory TARGET. No other build system commands are invoked by the pip wheel command.
What is setup CFG Python?
setup. cfg is a cheekily named Python package which supports providing all of a Python distribution’s metadata and build configuration via the setup. cfg file at the base of the distribution’s source tree, rather than in the setup.py script. The standard setup.py script is reduced to a stub which uses the setup.
What is setup py file in Python?
The setup.py file may be the most significant file that should be placed at the root of the Python project directory. It primarily serves two purposes: It includes choices and metadata about the program, such as the package name, version, author, license, minimal dependencies, entry points, data files, and so on.
What is setup CFG in Python?
What is setup () in Python?
The setup script is the centre of all activity in building, distributing, and installing modules using the Distutils. The main purpose of the setup script is to describe your module distribution to the Distutils, so that the various commands that operate on your modules do the right thing.
How do I create a config file in python?
Creating a new config file
- Import the configparser module.
- Create the configparser object and pass it to ‘config’
- Create a section name.
- Populate the section with key: value pairs (such as ‘host’ = ‘local_host’ in our example)
- Repeat items 3 and 4 for any subsequent sections.
What is a setup py file python?
setup.py is a python file, the presence of which is an indication that the module/package you are about to install has likely been packaged and distributed with Distutils, which is the standard for distributing Python Modules. This allows you to easily install Python packages.
How configure setup py?
- In the Project tool window, select the package. Then, from the main menu, select Tools | Create setup.py.
- In the New Setup Script dialog, specify package name, its version, the author, the author email, the package description, and any licence details:
- Click OK when ready.
What is config () in Python?
A Python configuration file is a pure Python file that populates a configuration object. This configuration object is a Config instance. While in a configuration file, to get a reference to this object, simply call the get_config() function, which is available in the global namespace of the script.
What is config file Python?
Config files are used to store key value pairs or some configurable information that could be read or accessed in the code and at some point, of time.
What is setup py Python?
Where is Python setup py?
To install a package that includes a setup.py file, open a command or terminal window and:
- cd into the root directory where setup.py is located.
- Enter: python setup.py install.
How do I run a package in Python?
First, we create a directory and give it a package name, preferably related to its operation. Then we put the classes and the required functions in it. Finally we create an __init__.py file inside the directory, to let Python know that the directory is a package.