How do I fix my touchpad not scrolling?
How do I fix my touchpad not scrolling?
You can follow these steps to enable two-finger scrolling:
- At Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound > Mouse.
- Click the Device Settings tab.
- Expand MultiFinger Gestures, and select the Two-Finger Scrolling box.
- Click Apply.
- Check if your touchpad now works properly.
How do I turn on side scrolling on my laptop?
- Open the Start menu and go to Settings.
- Select Devices.
- Click Mouse from the left panel. Then from the bottom of the screen click Additional mouse options.
- Select the Multi-Finger tab. Select Scrolling and the box next to Vertical Scroll. Click Apply and Ok.
How do I enable two finger scrolling?
Two finger scroll
- Open the Activities overview and start typing Mouse & Touchpad.
- Click on Mouse & Touchpad to open the panel.
- In the Touchpad section, make sure the Touchpad switch is set to on.
- Switch the Two-finger Scrolling switch to on.
How do I restore my touchpad scroll?
Open Windows Settings (Windows key+I) > Devices > Touchpad and scroll to the bottom of the page. There you will find the Reset button. Click on it. You can customize the touchpad on the same screen where you found the reset option.
How do I make my laptop touchpad scroll?
Scroll: Place two fingers on the touchpad and slide horizontally or vertically. Zoom in or out: Place two fingers on the touchpad and pinch in or stretch out.
Why is my computer not letting me scroll down?
If you are having problems with the scroll on your laptop’s trackpad, there is something you can do before you take it into a computer repair shop. Updating the driver to the trackpad will enable the scroll if it is not working at all. Once the driver is updated, your scroll should work again.
Why is my Mouse not scrolling?
Clean the mouse There are thin spaces on either side of the mouse wheel, which dust and dirt can get in over time, causing issues with the wheel’s scrolling. Try cleaning the mouse, especially around the wheel, using compressed air.
How do I enable two-finger scrolling in Windows 10?
Enable two-finger scroll via Settings in Windows 10
- Step 1: Navigate to Settings > Devices > Touchpad.
- Step 2: In the Scroll and zoom section, select the Drag two fingers to scroll option to turn on the two-finger scroll feature.
How do I get my touchpad to scroll Windows 10?
Try out these gestures on the touchpad of your Windows 10 laptop.
- Select an item: Tap on the touchpad.
- Scroll: Place two fingers on the touchpad and slide horizontally or vertically.
- Zoom in or out: Place two fingers on the touchpad and pinch in or stretch out.
What button is Scroll Lock?
Scroll Lock is a toggling lock key on the keyboard, just like the CAPS LOCK key. Once pressed, Scroll Lock is enabled. To turn it off, simply press the Scroll Lock key again.
How do I fix the two-finger scroll on my HP?
Adjusting two-finger scrolling
- In Windows, search for touchpad .
- From the results list, click TouchPad settings.
- In the Touchpad window, click Additional settings.
- Click ClickPad Settings.
- Two-Finger Scrolling is located under MultiFinger Gestures.
- Click to highlight Two-Finger Scrolling.
How do I enable two finger scrolling in Windows 10 pro?
How do I unlock Scroll Lock on my laptop?
Turn off Scroll Lock
- If your keyboard does not have a Scroll Lock key, on your computer, click Start > Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard.
- Click the On Screen Keyboard button to turn it on.
- When the on-screen keyboard appears on your screen, click the ScrLk button.
Where is Scroll Lock in laptop?
Where is the Scroll Lock key on a laptop keyboard? The Scroll Lock key on a laptop is often a secondary function of another key, located near the Backspace key. If a laptop uses two keys as one key, you must press the Fn key with the second key you want to use.
Why my mouse Cannot scroll up and down?
Your mouse scroll wheel may stop working if you are using the wrong mouse driver or it’s out of date. So you should update your mouse driver to see if it fixes your problem. If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Why can’t I scroll down on my laptop with two fingers?
Switch to the Touchpad tab (or Device settings if the tab is absent) and click on the Settings button. This will open the Properties window. Expand the MultiFinger Gestures section, then make sure the box next to Two-Finger Scrolling is checked. If the box is empty, simply click on it to enable it.