What does the storytelling show the moth?
The Story Behind the Stories The Moth’s mission is to promote the art and craft of storytelling and to honor and celebrate the diversity and commonality of human experience. Since its launch in 1997, The Moth has presented thousands of stories told live and without notes.
Where is the Moth storytelling?
The Moth is a non-profit group based in New York City dedicated to the art and craft of storytelling.
Why is it called the Moth storytelling?
Since it was launched in 1997 The Moth has staged events where more than 3,000 stories have been told to live audiences. This hip American storytelling behemoth – named after moths attracted to porch lights when people gather to share tales – also runs Moth Radio Hour, broadcast across 250 stations in the US.
How long are Moth Story Slams?
Moth StorySLAMs are open-mic storytelling competitions, held in 28 cities around the world. They are open to anyone with a five-minute story to share on the night’s theme.
How do I submit to a moth?
- All of the poetry and fiction published in The Moth is unsolicited.
- Please specify in the subject box that it is a fiction submission.
- Email your work to [email protected].
- If you would like your work to be considered for the autumn issue, then you should enter the annual Moth Short Story Prize.
How do I submit a moth story?
Pitch by Phone: 1-877-799-MOTH (1-877-799-6684)….We’re looking for stories to feature on our website, The Moth Radio Hour, and potentially The Moth Mainstage!
- Start with your name, your email, and be sure to include where you are from in the location field.
- Now hit record and wow us with a 1 minute pitch of your story!
Do you have to tell a story at The Moth?
We want to spread the art and craft of storytelling far and wide and encourage anyone and everyone to tell their stories and give others spaces to do so as well. We do, however, ask that you not call your event “The Moth,” or a “Moth StorySLAM,” though using “Moth-inspired” in the fine print is just fine!
What did Rizal learn from the story of the moth?
Other times he saved up on rent by foregoing breakfast altogether, his breakfast consisting of biscuits and water for a month. Above all, it was from her he learned about obedience, through the story of the moth that got burned by the flame because he disobeyed his mother moth’s warning not to get too near the flame.
How do you become a moth storyteller?
Storytelling Tips & Tricks
- Be forewarned. Moth stories are told, not read.
- Have some stakes.
- Have a great first line that sets up the stakes and grabs attention.
- Know your story well enough so you can have fun!
- Steer clear of meandering endings.
- No standup routines please.
- No rants.
- No essays.
What does The Moth stand for?
The moth symbolizes rebirth, change, transformation, resurrection, and the power of regeneration in Native American mythology. In fact, butterflies and moths both hold a significant position in the Native American culture.
How do I get The Moth podcast?
The Moth Podcast Episodes are released every Tuesday. Subscribe via iTunes, RSS, RadioPublic, or your favorite podcast app.
How do I send a story to The Moth?
How do I submit a story to The Moth?
What does the light bulb symbolize in the Lesson of the moth?
The moth was striving to get into the light bulb which was being used to symbolize happiness and fulfillment.
What’s the meaning of a moth?