What are the 7 steps for a pre-trip inspection?
- Vehicle Overview.
- Check engine compartment.
- Start engine and inspect cab.
- Turn off engine and check lights.
- Do walkaround inspection.
- check signal lights.
- start engine and check.
What is the first step of pre-trip inspection?
Inside the vehicle Check that seat belt is secure and can be properly fastened. Ensure emergency equipment and safety devices are accessible and undamaged. Inspect the frame and cargo body for shifting, sagging, or other damage. Ensure heater/defroster is operating correctly.
How many steps is a pre-trip?
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration at the Department of Labor requires a pre-trip inspection by the driver. Any deficiencies must be acknowledged and certified that appropriate repairs have been made before a trip begins.
Which of the following is not part of the pre-trip inspection?
Which of these is not part of the pre-trip inspection of the engine compartment? A Valve clearance. See: Step 2 – Check Engine Compartment. Valve clearance is not on the checklist.
What is the second thing you should do on a pre-trip inspection?
Next step for the pre-trip inspection is to check the side of the trailer and the tandems.
- Wall – Make sure the wall is not damaged.
- Lights – Lights should be on and flashing.
- Tires – Tires should be properly inflated and have decent tread.
- Hub seal – Make sure it’s not leaking and wiped with oil if transparent.
What are some items you should check in a pre-trip inspection?
When performing a pre-trip inspection, one must do the following:
- Check for problems under the hood.
- Ensure the truck is not leaning.
- Make sure the cabin is safe.
- Check that the brakes are working properly.
- Look for flaws in the coupling system.
- Look for defects in the trailer.
What is pre-trip inspection?
The Pre-trip inspection is to show the examiner that your vehicle is roadworthy. Make sure you go over the pre-trip inspections with your driving instructor – they will be able to explain any specific terms you are having trouble with.
Which of the following is the most important reason for doing a pre-trip inspection?
The most important reason to perform a pre-trip inspection is for your safety. It can be dangerous to go out on the road with a load that is not secured, brakes that are damaged, wiring that is not connected, etc.
What is the most important thing to inspect when you start your vehicle CDL?
Safety is the most important reason you inspect your vehicle, safety for yourself and other road users.