How often is Iowa 511 updated?
every two hours
Road condition information is reported by Iowa DOT maintenance staff and is updated every two hours or as conditions change – whichever is sooner.
What does purple mean on 511?
travel not advised
An important change to the popular 511ia.org road conditions site this winter is the addition of new colors to better define road conditions on the 511 road conditions map. Purple will be used to show “travel not advised” and light blue will be used to show “wet” conditions.
How do I contact Iowa DOT?
- Motor Vehicle Information Center (Driver’s License Information) 515-244-8725. TDD number: 515-237-3192.
- Vehicle Services (Titling, Plates, Registration) PO Box 9278, Des Moines, IA 50306-9278. 515-237-3110; Fax: 515-237-3056.
- Travel Authority, Prorate Titles) PO Box 10382, Des Moines IA 50306-0382.
Are there any tow bans in Iowa?
According to the Iowa Department of Transportation, towing has been banned in the following area counties: Scott, Johnson, Iowa, Cedar, Clinton and Jackson Counties. This means that towing services are prohibited in these areas.
Is Iowa a good place to live?
If you’d like to live in a state with an abundance of fresh local produce, and where small towns meet city life, moving to Iowa is right for you. Iowa’s natural scenic views, friendly people, low crime rates, affordable homes, and small-town atmosphere make it one of the most coveted places in the United States.
What does bare wet mean?
Bare (Dry/Wet) Partly Covered (Snow/Ice) Covered (Snow/Ice) Travel Not Recommended. Closed.
What does yellow mean in Maps?
Yellow indicates speeds between 25 and 50 mph. Red means speeds are less than 25 mph. Gray means there is no data available. Black and red roads indicate traffic may be stopped at points.
Is the Iowa DOT still appointment only?
Doing business at an Iowa DOT driver’s license service center can now be accomplished by appointment. We will no longer accept walk-in customers. A pilot project of the appointment-only model began March 16 as a way to accomplish social distancing in response to the pandemic.
Is the Iowa DMV open today?
Renew your driver’s license or ID card online, anytime. Build a personal checklist of required documents to obtain a driver’s license/ID….ONLINE SERVICES.
|Address:||Polk County River Place (formerly Oliver Plaza) 2339 Euclid Ave. Des Moines, Iowa 50310|
|Hours:||Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Holiday schedule|
How do I see future traffic on Google Maps?
Check traffic now & later
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app .
- Search for a destination, or tap a place on the map.
- At the bottom, tap Directions.
- At the top, tap Driving .
- At the bottom, tap the white bar to display: The current traffic on your route.
How much snow did Ankeny Iowa get?
Ankeny, Grimes: 5.8 inches.
What are the cons of living in Iowa?
List of the Cons of Living in Iowa
- You have zero access to professional sports in Iowa.
- If you’re a beach or mountain person, you’ll find yourself disappointed.
- Winters get really cold in Iowa some years.
- Not every place in Iowa has a low crime rate or a thriving economy.
What city in Iowa has the largest black population?
The number of African Americans in Des Moines in 2014, making it the largest population of African Americans in any city in Iowa. The percent of the total population in Waterloo who are African American. Other Iowa cities with a high percentage of African Americans are Davenport (11.7%), and Des Moines (10.9%).
Why is moist an insult?
People hate the word ‘moist’ because of its connotations to bodily fluids. People hate the word ‘moist’ because they’re socialized to believe the word is disgusting.