How do I get rid of GREY shading in Word table of contents?
Remove shading from a table
- Select the cells you want to change. To select an entire table, click in the table, and then click the Table Move Handle in the upper-left corner.
- On the Table Tools Design tab (the Table Tools Layout tab in OneNote), click the Shading menu.
- Click No Color.
How do I change the background color of a table of contents in Word?
To format an existing table with a background color:
- Highlight the cells you want to tint with a background color.
- Right-click one of the selected cells.
- Select Borders and Shading.
- Select the Shading tab.
- Select the Fill drop-down arrow to open the color chart, then choose a background color.
Why is the background of my Word document GREY?
Because Ctrl+spacebar removed the grey “background”, it must have been shading applied to the text. It would have been possible to remove that shading without affecting other font formatting. To do that, select the shaded text and click the down arrow on the Shading button. Then click No Color in the dropdown.
How do I remove highlights from table of contents?
Remove highlighting from part or all of a document
- Select the text that you want to remove highlighting from, or press Ctrl+A to select all of the text in the document.
- Go to Home and select the arrow next to Text Highlight Color.
- Select No Color.
How do I remove macro shading in Word?
Press Ctrl+A. This selects your entire document. Display the Home tab of the ribbon. Use the Shading tool (in the Paragraph group) to remove any shading.
How do I add a background to my table of contents?
To add color to the background of the table of contents, simply click the desired color in the color grid. To add a graphic to the background of the table of contents, follow these steps: 1) From the As drop-down list, select Graphic. The Background tab displays the graphics options.
Why is my table of contents messed up?
You can change the TOC styles after generating the TOC, but when you later regenerate, the TOC will again appear messed up. The only solution to this problem is to make sure that none of your headings use explicit formatting; they should rely only on styles.
What are the grey boxes in Word?
This is the text boundaries box, and it shows the limits of the text area on the page. It doesn’t print, it is for on-screen use only. To turn it off, go to View and then uncheck Text Boundaries.
How can you add the color to the background of TOC table of contents )?
How do I put background on text in Word?
- On the Layout tab, under Page Background, select Watermark.
- Choose Text.
- Type or edit your text for the watermark, or select a text watermark from the drop down menu, and then select the text formatting that you want. Tips:
Why is my Table of Contents not updating correctly?
Word does not automatically update the Table of Contents as you type, but if you make changes to your document and need to update the Table, you can do this quickly by selecting/highlighting your Table of Contents, and then going to the “References” tab on the menu and clicking the “Update Table” button next to “Table …